Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Summer Day at the Pumpkin Patch?

I was feeling a little sad about missing Fall in Minnesota and our annual trip to Lendt's Pumpkin Patch w/ our friends, when my neighbor told me about Apple Annies. I'm so glad she did because we had such a nice day! The weather was in the 90's...a little different than we're used to, but still nice. They have a HUGE corn maze and all the fun stuff you'd expect at a Pumpkin Patch. The only difference was we had shaved ice instead of apple cidar! :) It's nice to know they still celebrate Fall traditions here in the south. Now what am I going to do about Christmas?!;)



Forget snow angels....here in AZ we make corn angels!


Logan wanted to be buried in corn!


This is not just ordinary kettle corn...it's caramel kettle corn...yummy!


Look at all those sunflowers!


This is the corn maze that we did...pretty impressive huh?


My fearless leaders in the corn maze!


Uh Oh...if you read the sign it says we've reached the farthest point off the correct path. Can you say LOST?


London's having fun!


Hayride out to the pumpkin patch.


Nice stash boys!


Daddy found the perfect one!


Smile boys! Fall in AZ isn't so bad after all!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

That does look like a really fun pumpkin patch. I think you might be in for a bigger shock for Christmas though. When my parent's lived in CA they had a Pig Roast for their ward Christmas Party. Weird!

The Stewart Stuff said...

Looks like a ton of fun! AZ isn't so bad! :0)

Hey, I'm so sorry to hear about Larry. We will keep you guys in our prayers. We love you! Let me know if there is anything we can do!!!

Fran said...

It's great to see all your happy smiles! Life is returning to "normal". So in 90 degree weather are the pumpkins baked?! Glad you found this treasure!!

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El NiƱo Y Tu Pilin