Saturday, July 2, 2011

Swim Team

A few months ago I decided on a whim to sign the boys' up for Swim Team. A few of their friends were doing it and I thought it would be something fun for them to do over summer break, plus we could carpool! I'm so glad we did. Logan and Carson can both swim well under water, but they were still doing the doggie-paddle on the surface. After 1 month on swim team those coaches have whipped them into shape. At our 1st meet this morning Carson got 1st in his heat in the freestyle and Logan got
2nd in the backstroke and also in the freestyle relay. Logan was racing against 9-10 year old boys for the relay so he really had to step it up! I'm so proud of how far they've come and amazed at how quickly they've picked up the strokes. Swimming is HUGE in Arizona and they love it so far, so I'm sure this will be an annual summer sport for us! It's pretty much the only sport you can do outside in the summer here!





No comments: