Wednesday, March 9, 2011

San Diego (Part 1) Beach Fun!

Last week was the National KFC Convention in San Diego...cooking chicken has a few perks....;) and since it's only a 6 1/2 hour drive from our home we decided to bring the kids and make it a family vacation! We were there for 8 days and we packed a TON of fun into that time! I have so many pics that I'll have to break it up into 5 seperate posts...I know a little excessive right? ;)





Up first...THE BEACH!!! It had been a few years since any of us had been to the ocean, so we were long over due! Plus, this was London's first time! It was so fun to see his reaction! At first he didn't really like the sand and did not want to take off his sandals, but after a bit he warmed up to it. Then it was a matter of "trying" to keep him dry! ;) As soon as we dropped of our bags at the hotel we headed straight for Ocean Beach since it was just a few minutes away. It was a little cool and windy, but that didn't stop the kids from having a blast! For dinner that evening we walked up the boardwalk and ate at a cute little pizza place. The waiter was from Italy (evident by his VERY thick accent!) I had to keep asking Weston to translate for me...embarassing! We were glad to have Weston's brother Jon, Kayla, and our cute little nephew Ethan along as well!













Towards the end of our visit we decided to drive over to Coronado Island. I'm so glad we did! This beach was amazing! So beautiful (the sand even had gold flecks in it!) The hotel on the island is just gorgeous...maybe someday I'll be able to afford to stay there! ;) The weather was perfect so I didn't even mind that the kids got soaked! ;)Be sure to check out London's face plant pic! I love that we got to spend the afternoon with our great friends Ryan and Kelly Smith! Ryan is one of Weston's partners and they stayed behind in Minnesota when we made the move to Arizona. That is the best part of these KFC trips...seeing family and friends!

















3 comments:

kellie said...

I have been to a wedding at the Hotel del Coronado, but would never stay there because I watched a show that said it was HAUNTED! I know, I am a baby!

Erin said...

Looks so fun! Beautiful pics Angie!

Mindi said...

I love the beach! Kids are so funny. Doesn't matter how cold it is, they are getting wet! Love the face-plant picture. Weston needs some beachwear!